Spring is just around the corner and the real estate market, along with the temperature outside, is going to be heating up. If you are planning on selling your home this spring, we’re going to outline some steps you can take to be successful.
Here are top ten tips to lure more buyers in and sell your home at the highest price possible:
- Hire a Real Estate professional. If you need to sell your home fast, you need a professional that knows exactly how to do that. A Real Estate agent can help you assess what your home and your listing needs to stand out on the market.
- Price it right from the start. Sellers often think that they should start the asking price high and then lower it later if the house fails to sell. But that can result in a slower sale and sometimes even at a lower price. Hiring an full-time real estate professional will help you price your home accordingly and get you the most money for your house.
- Enhance your home’s curb appeal. This could mean planting some flowers, adding new sod, or painting the front door. You only get one chance at a first impression so make sure that when a potential buyer pulls up to your home, the first impression is a lasting one.
- Update the interior and exterior. There are a couple easy and cheap ways you can tidy up the exterior and interior of your home. Replacing fixtures and a coat of fresh paint will do the trick.
- Clean and declutter your home. The fewer things there are in the home will make it appear larger. Remove excess furniture and family knickknacks. Religious or political posters or items should also be removed. You want the buyer to be able to envision their furniture and decorations in the home and taking these small steps will help them do that.
- Stage your home. Homes that are professionally staged sell faster and for more money than homes that are not. Arrange furniture in a way that promotes a good flow when showing the home. A professional stager can be a great resource to help sell your home quickly.
- Make the property easy to show. The more flexible you are about visits and showing the home, the more people will be able to see your home. Be ready for potential buyers early in the morning, at night, or on weekends.
- Remove your pets. Also remove any pet-related items like dog dishes and cat litter boxes. A potential buyer shouldn’t know that a pets lives in the home.
- Make sure your home will be listed on all major online portals. Make sure your home is going to show up on Zillow, Trulia, realtor.com, Facebook, and your agent's website. This is a part of our service to you as your real estate professional.
- Make sure the listing has good, professional photos. Most home buyers start their search online and decide which homes they want to go see based on the photos of the homes. This is your chance to showcase your home with good quality photos